Effect of Spine Dysfunction
Dysfunction of the spine can be severely debilitating to one’s ability to perform activities at both home and work. Pain in the lumbar spine (lower back) is the number one reason for missed days of work, followed by pain of the cervical spine (neck) as the second.
Physical Therapy Intervention
Research has shown that targeted exercises, proper body mechanics, and correct postural concepts taught within physical therapy can help decrease spine dysfunction and significantly reduce the risk of recurrence.
Rehabilitation team consists of physical therapists, orthopedic doctors, massage therapists and also athletic trainers in case of rehabilitation for sports injuries. The rehabilitation team works on various physical activities and flexibility exercises that help to regain the strength and motion of the injured site.
How can beFIT THERAPY Help
At beFIT THERAPY, each of our Doctors of Physical Therapy is trained and up-to-date in the most current manual therapy techniques and exercise prescriptions specific to spine rehabilitation. Using treatment regimens customized by the individual and their injury, we are able to simultaneously treat both the injury itself and the resulting symptoms.
The advantages of the rehabilitation program include:
- Stretching and bending exercises improve flexibility of the injured site
- Massage techniques – Massage relieves the tension of the muscles and improves the blood flow to the injury site
- Restores the functions and movements of the broken or injured joints
Corrects biomechanical dysfunction – Running shoes are recommended for people having foot injuries. These shoes have a harder material inside of the sole which prevents the foot from rolling in.
Other Treatments List
- Nutrition and Your Spine
- Piriformis Muscle Injections
- Sacroiliac Joint Injections
- Facet Injection
- Epidural Spinal Injections
- Spinal Cord Stimulator
- Possible Complications of Spinal Surgeries
- Post-Operative Instructions
- Proper Lifting
- Recreational Do’s & Don’ts While Lifting Weights
- Treatment Options for Back and Neck Pain